$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Industry: Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 63 days ago
You'll be responsible for designing, writing, testing and reviewing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm and open source technologies. You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The SPG organisation is part of a front to back alignment where engineers are embedded with the revenue generating part of the business. This provides opportunities to partner closely across the SPG organisation to deliver the firm even more effectively and efficiently to our clients.
• You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role
• You will be building upon both teamwork and communication skills as you become integrated within the team
• You will have a great opportunity to develop your technical skills; we will provide support to help you grow
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's / Master's degree, preferably in a STEM subject, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics etc.
• 2+ years of experience in building applications in a commercial environment
• A solid understanding of object orientated programming skills (Java, Python, C++, or other OO technology) including data structures and algorithms
• A good understanding of the principles behind test-driven development (TDD) with hands-on experience of unit testing
• Proficient with databases systems; able to write and analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions
• Able to analyse non-trivial interdependencies between systems and possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills with a history of user/team interaction
• Interest or experience in financial services and trading businesses is expected
• An interest in financial services is expected; prior experience is not required
• Highly motivated individuals that are committed and capable of working to timelines
Valid Through: 2019-9-13