$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The Front Office Controls Analyst supports the development, implementation, embedding and oversight of Front Office processes and controls. This is a progressive and dynamic role at a time of significant regulatory, technology and organizational change and will be critical to supporting the development of global strategic objectives relating to operational risk management across the Front Office. Primary focus on regional (North America) activities as part of a global front office team.
• Ongoing development of our global control framework across fixed income, equities, and multi asset strategies.
• Escalation and management of issues arising. Monitor and investigate risk events (REV). Recommend actions to prevent recurrence. Monitor closure of actions.
• Ongoing review of regional processes, controls and providing recommendations; evaluate and improve the effectiveness of controls; challenging the status quo.
• Participate in policy reviews; Review and/ or development of platform procedures and process maps to ensure they are complete, routinely reviewed and communicated.
• Assist with Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA) process; complete annual review and obtain approvals; Ensure the RCSA is properly maintained and updated throughout the year.
• Liaise with Risk Control Services and Compliance; Monitor closure of any Audit or Compliance issues/actions; Assist with external audits related to internal control deliverables.
• Manage, monitor and oversee system access review and segregation of duty responsibilities related to Front Office systems.
• Assist in front office controls-related projects on an ongoing basis.
• Develop, create or produce monthly management information reporting (ie, REV's, KPIs, KRI's, trending, etc.) in conjunction with the broader global front office team.
• Take actions to maintain a strong risk culture and enforce the front office control environment.
• 5+ years' experience. Bachelor's degree or higher with a degree focus in Finance or Accounting or equivalent industry experience.
• Previous experience within a risk, audit or compliance controls environment; Strong controls background, quick to assess business processes and identify gaps
• Team player with a proven ability to develop and build strong stakeholder relationships
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills (including advanced excel, word and power point skills)
• Methodical mindset with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Confident, robust, self-starter with strong communication skills; energized by building relationships and challenging the status quo
• Ability to manage complex events/issues with a degree of pragmatism whilst maintaining the integrity in respect of the task to hand
• Experience in Asset Management technologies, processes, products and controls
• Completion of or working towards an additional professional education or qualification (e.g. CIA, CFA,) desirable
• Front office systems (trading, risk, attribution) and process knowledge.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18