Long-Term (12 + months) consulting role! Must have an accounting package! VPN or Geneva would be Great!
The Front Office business Analyst to help credit teams with their reporting and other data inquiries. The individual will work closely with portfolio managers, traders, credit analysts, compliance, and others to gather and document business requirements, develop and communicate solutions, and perform or coordinate the development, testing, implementation and ongoing support of these requirements.
This position requires strong business process analysis skills and a strong understanding of fixed income products.
· Gather, develop, validate, document and maintain business, functional and non-functional requirements.
· Conducts structured walkthroughs of requirements, tracking and communicating deliverables with relevant stakeholders.
- Translate business data needs into business and technical requirements. Create scalable reports that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Performs hands-on development of attributes, dashboards, grids, graphs other reporting utilizing reporting tools and other applications.
- Periodic training of tools and applications including updated training documents.
· Perform task automation and implements process improvements; recommends enhancements that result in scalable solution.
- Work with internal and external teams to establish the appropriate development approach, budget and timeline.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional, professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Robust analytical skill-set
- Deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Solid team player
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are important
- Experience and familiarity of the business intelligence, analytics a positive
- Excellent self-management, time management, and problem-solving skills must be able to multi-task / multi-project.
- Be able to function in multidisciplinary teams, must possess excellent documentation, presentation, training and computer skills.
- Self-starter. Ability to thrive in a high-intensity faced paced environment, independently and in groups
- Strong ability to partner with an external vendor on a frequent basis
- Solid team player with an Intellectual curiosity to explore, to learn as an independent thinker
Domain / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Deep understanding of trading and capital markets. Buy-side a plus. Fixed income preferred over Equities.
- Strong independent business analysis skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel
- Knowledge of life of trade and order management system a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and to deliver multiple projects on time and within budget
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies and approaches