- Job Tracking ID: 512446-604831
GreenSky is one of the fastest growing Financial Technology companies in America. We make it easy for businesses of all sizes to offer credit to their customers with a fast and paperless solution. With billions of dollars in loans and hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers, GreenSky is quickly changing the consumer credit marketplace. We have a great team, are growing quickly, and are backed by some of the leading investors in the world.
Our corporate headquarters is located in the financial technology hub of Atlanta, GA.
Looking for great talent to help us continue our rapid growth!
Position: Front Line Manager – Credit Operations
Overview: The Credit Department Front Line Manager supervises and directs the daily activities of Credit Processors, Credit Analysts, Sr. Credit Analysts and Specialty Analysts. The Front Line Manager is responsible for mentoring their team of Analysts. Tactically, this requires regular call and application reviews followed by feedback and coaching sessions. However, successful mentorship also requires the Front Line Manager to spend time with their people, lead by example, and dedicate themselves to the career and personal development of their entire team. The Front Line Manager must work closely with the Learning & Development team to ensure proper training and ensure regular, well-calibrated quality reviews for their team of Analysts. The Northern Kentucky Supervisor serves as the NOKY eyes, ears and mouth of the Manager of Credit Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct, supervise and provide staff development for Credit Operations Team personnel.
- Perform consumer loan underwriting activities related to decisioning loan requests with the goal of achieving the optimal outcome for the bank and for the borrower. Review requests from borrowers for lower APR’s or increased loan amounts. Ensure compliance with established bank policies, company guidelines and regulatory requirements. Complete these duties within established service level agreements (SLAs) and with a commitment to customer service.
- Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit processes and perform training of all new policies and procedures.
- Assist the IT & Credit Administration Teams in the QA testing of new parameters added to the internal decision matrix.
- Utilize a high degree of independence in solving problems and making decisions. Work within established lending authorities. Ensure duties are carried out in an efficient and cost effective manner. Effort focused on achieving maximum customer service.
- Review loan applications in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and policies, while performing a thorough investigation of credit information from credit reporting agencies and other sources to determine each applicant’s credit worthiness.
- Assist Manager of Credit Operations in coordinating staff for coverage in all related areas of the Credit Operations Team.
- Assist in the training of all new policies and procedures for the Credit Operations Team as well as communicate key changes to all appropriate departments and their team members.
- Assist the Credit Operations Manager with analysis functions to strengthen product lines and streamline processes within the department while meeting service loan agreement standards.
- Monitor daily operation levels using dashboards within the phone system as well as Sales Force to make sure excellent productivity and service levels are achieved.
- Initiate performance improvement and quality reviews with Credit Analysts
- Create and maintain effective communication with the Credit Management team and other teams to provide feedback, contribute to development and improve business processes to strengthen our overall Customer support effort.
- Resolve all escalated credit issues for internal and external Customer issues.
Shifts: Tuesday – Saturday 10AM-7PM This schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
Location: Atlanta, GA. Little, if any travel required.
Organization: This position is a member of the Credit Operations Team and reports to the Manager of Credit Operations.
Experience and Skills:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Sound judgment and solid character. Successful completion of background and credit check.
- One or both of the following - Call center management experience or financial center management experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in credit underwriting
- Self-starter who takes initiative to discover inefficiencies and prototype solutions.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across various lines of business & between teams.
- Confident typist, proficient in Microsoft Office, esp. Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently on routine tasks and to flexibly manage multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Educational and/or professional background in credit or underwriting.
- Strong Internet research skills.
- 5+ years of consumer underwriting experience preferred but not required.
- Call center management experience & ability to courteously field phone calls
- Knowledge of GreenSky’s credit products.