The Front-End Web Engineer primarily responsibilities are to strategize, design, develop and deliver compelling user experiences for new and existing web and mobile applications. To support delivery, growth, capacity and synchronize user experience across multiple web-based platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Develop wireframes/mockups to visually communicate solutions
- Work proof-of-concept solutions that may require interaction with the business, vendors and partners
- Understand and share cutting-edge innovative practices that shape current and future design thinking within Milliman
- Implementation of secure coding practices, review and remediation of dynamic and static code analysis
- Assist Team in establishing documentation for technical designs while maintaining the integrity of past documentation
- Assist Team in establishing, maintaining, and enhancing coding and design standards with the use of rigorous peer code review process
- Continuous improvement of secure development practices through formal and informal training
- Maintaining familiarity with current and emerging software development technologies, secure development practices, and process methodologies to assist in the continued improvement of products and services
- Complete technical project tasks under strict project deadlines, including designing classes, complex logic and data structures, implement designs using generally accepted coding practices, and coordinate the usage of middleware components and SQL within the Systems Applications
- Provide software development support in whatever capacity deemed necessary for the successful completion of the Tech group strategic initiatives, including but not limited to interfacing with support, quality assurance, operational staff, product managers and business customers
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience working in usability, performance and responsive design
- Communication Skills. Ability to present complex software concepts, verbal and written, to peers with varying technical background within the Tech group
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Preferred Certifications. Microsoft developer certifications, AppSec Certifications such as CSSLP
- Important Qualities. Compatibility with Milliman Professionals, Sensitive to Quality, Communication Skills, Flexibility, Detail Oriented, and Project Management
Must demonstrate Milliman’s core values which include:
- Integrity - Must be honest, fair, active listener, open communicator and accountable.
- Teamwork - Work cooperatively and treat clients, vendors and coworkers with respect and dignity while valuing individual differences, encouraging new ideas and sharing information.
- Commitment to excellence - Demonstrate commitment to being creative, innovative, flexible and adaptable, focusing on quality solutions, continually improving and being a winner.
A competitive base salary, plus a performance-based incentives bonus tied to the overall business performance. The firm offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefits package.
Milliman employs more than 3,500 people working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance/financial services, and property and casualty insurance. For more than 70 years, the firm has quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation and quality. Today Milliman is one of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of retirement plan services to the full spectrum of business, financial, government and union organizations.
Our company, with the full support of our Chief Executive Officer, is fully committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train, and promote, and consider qualified applicants for employment, in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, familial status, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as an individual with a disability, or veteran status, including qualified disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans; and shall not discriminate against any individual, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the HR department.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.