Our business continues to grow! If you are interested in working for a global information technology company that values talented employees, now is your chance!
LRS Retirement Solutions is a leading provider of pension administration software across the U.S. You will be part of the Product Research & Development team that is responsible for the research, design, and development of our PensionGold® software. PensionGold a browser-based, service-oriented, and fully-integrated solution developed using Microsoft.NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server and other web-based technologies. As a Front-End Web Developer, you will participate in the technical advancement of PensionGold’s user interface and comprehensive feature set.
This position is ideally based at our corporate headquarters in Springfield, Illinois with the majority of our other Product Research & Development team members. Alternate office locations including home-based arrangements will be considered for the right candidate. At each of our LRS offices, we have a casual dress policy that our employees enjoy!
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
- Create concepts and wireframes that lead to powerful and intuitive user experiences
- Design mockups spanning a wide range of application use for web browsers and mobile devices
- Develop quality web user interfaces that meet design specifications
- Create queries and stored procedures required for data access and application development
- Perform testing to ensure the software’s quality and stability
- Participate in overall software improvement with respect to its business and technical functionality
In-depth training will be provided on the PensionGold software and its development tools.
- Within the first 30 days, you will learn the PensionGold software’s key features at a high level and verbally demonstrate this understanding to your Manager
- Within the first 45 days, you will learn our internal development and testing procedures
- Within the first 60 days, you will have acquired a working knowledge of our software’s architecture and development tools, and be capable of performing a variety of tasks under supervision from a mentor
- Within the first 120 days, you will demonstrate the ability to work independently on standard product research and development tasks
Your success will be measured on your ability to design and develop easy to use, attractive, and high-quality user interfaces to meet business and technical requirements that our customers need in the product. You must demonstrate an understanding of PensionGold’s technical architecture and use of our development tools, as well as the use of our software from a business perspective.
It is important that you develop good working relationships with other staff and resources (e.g. managers, business analysts, developers, test analysts, etc.). Strong communication, self-motivation, persistence, and attention to detail are critical to success in this position. Multitasking, troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.
- You must be proficient using UX design tools such as Balsamiq.
- You must understand relational database concepts and be proficient in SQL query and stored procedure development. Specific experience with SQL Server will make you a stronger candidate.
- You must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate your ideas to the team and upper management.
- You must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and multitask effectively.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer.