Reporting to the Marketing Content Manager, the Front End Web Developer will use analytics data to inform the execution of effective, innovative digital communications materials that supports the mission of The Jackson Laboratory. This position will have a lead role in solving challenging user experience problems and have an important voice in the digital design process. This collaborative position works closely with Marketing and Strategic Communications colleagues, as well as with key internal and external stakeholders, to execute and deliver web-based content that helps support revenue objectives and other MARCOM goals. This position will be required to work in alignment with Digital Communications and JAX Mice & Clinical Research Services (JMCRS) Marketing colleagues to ensure visual consistency and standards across the enterprise. Deliverables will include making recommendations on JMCRS jax.org web structure and implementing changes based on U/X data and research, marketing initiatives based on historical trends, adjusting website content based on performance metrics and shifting marketing focus, analytics monitoring and reporting, A/B testing of digital promotional content, and other digital projects, as assigned. Knowledge of content management systems, HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, statistical analysis, web design principles, and Google Analytics required. Knowledge of Marketo and/or Salesforce preferred. This position is an integral part of the JMCRS Marketing team and have a key role in contributing to the achievement of internal and JAX goals. Above all, this position requires the ability to balance data-driven analysis with art; function with usability; and scientific content with style.
- Website Content Management and Development: Working with JMCRS designers, this position utilizes contemporary digital communication methods to maintain and improve the JMCRS digital presence. Working with JMCRS colleagues to identify areas for digital content improvement and innovation. Responsible for creating innovative solutions to web design issues to help make our website more functional and visually appealing. Ensures that digital content achieves accuracy, visual, quality, and timeliness requirements. Research and make recommendations for user experience solutions based on cutting-edge best practices. Uses state-of-the art hardware and software to execute work from conceptualization to final delivery. Utilizes existing digital asset management system and file structures to maintain organized project files with associated metadata. Ensures software and associated hardware devices are kept up-to-date and in good working order.
- Analytics: Maintains the JMCRS Google Analytics dashboard, adjusting tracking metrics to align with business goals. Performs analyses to determine performance of marketing initiatives (e.g., evaluate source of changes in historical trends). Provide data-driven insights into changes in performance and makes recommendations for improvement. Translates data into meaningful information and generates actionable solutions for problems identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Digital Design or other relevant field.
- 5 or more years’ experience providing related services in a fast-paced, customer-service setting.
- Proficiency with various content management systems, Google Analytics, statistical analysis, Adobe Creative Suite, and HTML/CSS required. Knowledge of Sitecore CMS, Marketo, and Salesforce preferred.
- Must be a self-motivated, team-oriented, patient and disciplined problem solver and solution builder.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive team player across diverse internal and external organizations.
- Must be a creative thinking person with the ability to balance the creative with the technical quickly, accurately and efficiently to produce high quality work. Strong organizational, project management, and self-directing skills. Ability to take direction and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- An open mind, excellent oral and written communication skills, a keen listening ability, and the ability to manage relationships with a diverse client base and work as part of an integrated team. Ability to work frequent evenings and weekends to meet deadlines as projects require.
- Travel up to 20%.