Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure provides mission-critical and business-critical solutions to governments and service providers. A global leader, proven innovator, and trusted partner, our software and industry expertise help improve the lives of millions of people through safer communities, better public services, and more reliable infrastructure. Visit hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.com.
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information, automate business processes and improve productivity. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has more than 18,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.1bn USD. Learn more at hexagon.com.
The Front-End Web Developer will work as part of a product development team for our Public Safety product suite. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with stakeholders to evaluate designs and solutions
- Perform programming using a variety of development tools, run tests and analyze results
- Debug problems and write new tests
- Develop end user and technical documentation
- Work with internal groups, including help desk support, to evaluate customer problems and to develop solutions to problems
- Apply full understanding of programming and software principles, theories, and concepts along with independent judgment to the assignments including assessment of impacts on other areas of the product
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities
- Interact as-needed with others within the company and will perform other reasonable and related professional duties as required
- BS/MS in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in web development
- Experience developing applications using an industry standard IDE
- Previous work with single page application frameworks such as Angular or React is a plus but not mandatory
- Previous work with web tools such as grunt or npm is a plus but not mandatory
- Developer should be aware of and have used programming best practices including the use of design patterns and unit-testing
- Capable of working with a team of developers and able to work independently as needed to execute tasks within the allotted timeframe
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
Req# ID 2018-395