The D. E. Shaw group seeks a highly technical and entrepreneurial developer who will work with key internal business stakeholders in order to ideate, design, build, and manage front end technology infrastructure for quantitative financial research.
What you’ll do day-to-day
The engineer will work closely with diverse business stakeholders to understand their needs and build and design innovative products to provide novel solutions. Responsibilities include new product ideation in collaboration with key stakeholders, technology research, and contributing to core data visualization frameworks and front end code bases.
Who we’re looking for
- Successful developers have traditionally been the top students in their programs and have significant software development experience.
- At least two to three years of industry experience in software development at a start-up or technology company is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- A facility for developing products with clear and intuitive UX/UI is critical.
- Some experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction for production-level software is required.
- Impressive candidates who do not meet all of the above criteria may be considered for the role, provided they can demonstrate sufficient relevant skills and translatable experience.