Zapproved is seeking a proactive and self-motivated Front End Software Engineer to join one of our scaling development teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in developing client side web applications, and a firm understanding of web standards, usability and accessibility. Because you will work on a greenfield product with a modern UI with a micro services backend, you’ll need to be comfortable designing and developing from scratch.
In this role you will be instrumental in designing, developing, and evolving reusable UI patterns and rich web user interfaces. In addition to advocating best practices around unit testing and continuous integration, our ideal new team member will help us evaluate new tools and frameworks to modernize our tech stack.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop new user interface solutions to support customers leveraging our SaaS platform to support corporate legal needs.
- Contribute to the user-facing design and implementation as required to deliver complete, complex new features.
- Work closely with product stakeholders to design the best possible user experience.
- Add new functionality to existing systems, while constantly improving usability and quality.
- Design and implement unit, component, and system tests in coordination with QA and other engineers to ensure excellent quality.
- Solve interesting problems, such as designing for both occasional and expert-level users of the interface.
- Contribute to the R&D and build-out of future systems.
- Work with massive scale distributed AWS cloud infrastructure.
What You Should Have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with a concentration in front end web application development and demonstrated history of UI/UX sensibilities.
- Ability to create elegant and intuitive user interfaces.
- Strong experience with web technologies (REST, HTML/CSS/JS).
- Experience with HTTP request headers (CORS, Bearer Token Authentication, caching).
- Experience working with Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, or similar build automation tools.
- Experience with or enthusiasm to use Agile practices.
What Would Be Nice:
- Some ability in a C family language (C, C++, C#), C# preferred
- Experience in AWS CloudSearch, Solr, Lucene, or other search technology a big plus.