The Front End Software Engineer develops the front end of a web application, i.e. the visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application.
Relationships: Reports to Software Project Manager or Engineering manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Builds sophisticated and elegant user interfaces
- Collaborates with UX and visual designers, developers and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
- Applies usability procedures and principles as defined at project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems that meets the project quality standards and requirements.
- Contributes to and supports re-use through common components that are well documented and tested.
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, and product managers and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users' experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- Solid knowledge of Restful architecture and use cases
- Knowledge /experience/awareness in maintainability and testing.
- Knowledge/experience/awareness with performance tuning( monitoring, load testing, caching, etc.) and security.
- Basic knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge/experience/awareness in web application architecture development ( dynamic component composition, data navigation and business processes)
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies