Front-End Software Engineer
Job Purpose: Viking Enterprise Solutions is seeking a team player who enjoys technical challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment in successful task planning and execution, meets deadlines, and communicates the highest standards of professionalism in his/her work habits. The successful candidate will work in a team responsible for building and maintaining storage management applications for our storage array systems utilizing open source and third-party software.
Nature of Duties:
- Deep understanding and experience of Full Stack web and application development with a focused expertise on Front-End development.
- Experience with web services API integration
- Enhancement and maintenance of existing storage management front-end software
- Experience with Jenkins, Jira, and Ansible
- Development of automated unit and system testing
- Collaborate with other team members on shared items of work and communicate effectively in a team-oriented environment to ensure end to end delivery of features.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or demonstrated experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience in creating outstanding user interfaces in a commercial environment
- Experience utilizing Agile development methodologies
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual in a team environment
- Understanding of the software development cycle
- Problem-solving skills - methodical approach
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and work with customers and end users
- Experience in HTML5, CSS, Angular, JS, NodeJS, and other software languages
- Familiar with data storage technologies (S3 Object, Block Devices, NFD and SMB File Systems).
- Familiarity with developing software in a Linux environment