Viking Enterprise Solutions has a rich history of leadership in providing storage and storage server platforms to hyperscale and enterprise data centers worldwide. The division leads the market with ultra-high capacity and high-end flash systems. Viking Enterprise Solutions provides advanced data center products including solid-state memory and disk-based storage server appliances, JBOD storage systems and related products for a variety of data center and storage applications. Viking Enterprise Solutions products are tailored for integration into OEM, System Integrator and data center products.
Viking Enterprise Solutions is proud to be part of the Sanmina family. Sanmina is recognized as a technology leader, providing end-to-end design, manufacturing and logistics solutions, maintaining a global footprint of design and manufacturing operations in 23 countries on six continents.
Front-End Software Engineer
Job Purpose: Viking Enterprise Solutions is seeking a team player who enjoys technical challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment in successful task planning and execution, meets deadlines, and communicates the highest standards of professionalism in his/her work habits. The successful candidate will work in a team responsible for architecting, building and maintaining management applications for our storage array systems utilizing open source and third-party software.
Nature of Duties:
- Deep understanding and experience of Full Stack web and application development with a focus expertise on Front-End development.
- Design of the User Experience (UX)
- Experience with web services API integration (HTTPS, REST, JSON)
- Enhancement and maintenance of existing storage management front-end software
- Implementing and driving best practices for software development using appropriate tools
- Ensure strong unit test and automated feature tests are delivered
- Collaborate with other team members on shared items of work and communicate effectively in a team-oriented environment to ensure end to end delivery of features.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or demonstrated experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience in creating outstanding user interfaces in a commercial environment
- Experience utilizing Agile development methodologies
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual or team leader
- Understanding of the software development cycle
- Problem-solving skills - methodical approach
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and work with customers and end users
- Experience in HTML5, CSS, Angular, JS, NodeJS, and other front end languages
- Familiar with data storage technologies (RAID, SCSI, Block Devices, FileSystems).
- Familiar with creating software utilizing software development tools such as Gitlab, Jira, etc.
- Familiarity with developing software in a Linux environment