Engineers at NM are empowered to pick the right tools and technology stack to fit their needs. The team is using the following technologies to build software: NodeJS, React/Redux, ES6, TypeScript, AWS, NodeJS, SASS, Webpack, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Jira.
Your general milestones are as follows:
- Within the first month – while working with engineers on the teams, be able to jump head-first into new applications and ask the appropriate questions / do the appropriate research to identify the general functions and behaviors of the system. Begin contributing to minor backlog items.
- Within three months – have proficient knowledge of the baseline applications and be able to take the reins around backlog items and appropriately spec and develop code to contribute directly to the GIT repositories. Be able to dive into the overall application distribution architectures and navigate the cloud environments in which they run.
- Within six months – be able to navigate the full stack of the applications and supporting components, contributing directly to engineering discussions that affect the current and future state of the applications. Essentially, contributing to the team at your full capacity.
- Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with are incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you must be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Technical, at times, must enjoy getting your hands dirty above with microservice development.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision, yet actively interact with other team members in person or over the Internet (chat, videoconference, email).
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with engineers, product managers and designers in an agile like environment.
- Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the team.
Education / Professional Experience
Experience building full stack web applications.
Experience using modern front-end frameworks (React, Vie).
Experience writing secure application platforms.
Experience developing and maintaining automated tests.
Experience with GitHub for source code management.