Front End Software Engineer
Indeed is a highly data-driven organization, and that means you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having: you’ll get rapid feedback about how your efforts are speeding up the site, making workflows more efficient, and, ultimately, helping more people get jobs.
As a member of a cross-functional team, you’ll need to be comfortable making changes outside of the front-end stack — typical applications here have a Java or Python back-end — but your primary role will be to serve as a source of user interface development expertise on your team. You’ll also work with other front-end engineers throughout the organization to solve cross-product concerns, and to help full-stack developers level up their front-end skills.
- Work alongside other engineers on product teams to build and improve user experiences.
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability in your product, with a focus on front-end technology.
- Lead front-end initiatives on your team around performance and architecture improvements, in collaboration with other front-end core team members.
- Inform and educate engineers on your team about front-end topics and best practices.
- Evaluate front-end technologies and contribute to decision-making conversations about applying them to your team’s product.
- 5+ years professional experience in front-end engineering, including experience working on at least one public-facing product with a global presence and significant traffic. Comfort with “vanilla” JS is a must.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and influence members of a full-stack product team.
- A demonstrated pattern of staying abreast of modern front-end technologies and practices, while being judicious about introducing new technology to existing codebases.
- Experience providing front-end engineering guidance to a team and being accountable for the results.