Imagine Learning is looking for a savvy front end software engineer to develop responsive, customer-facing UIs and tools for teachers, school administrators, parents, and students. The ideal front end software engineer has a passion for creating clean, compelling user interfaces, has solid experience coding for RESTful APIs, and feels right at home working in the business layer.
As a front end software engineer on a dynamic, cross-functional team, you’ll:
- Work hand-in-hand with product managers, UX designers, and back-end developers to define product behavior.
- Take interactive prototypes from the UX designers and implement elegant, responsive front-end solutions.
- Use your innate sense of streamlined workflow to code a clean, effective user experience including navigation, controls, and content.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to measure user satisfaction. Help the design evolve by talking to product owners, users, and data experts.
- Participate in code reviews and test your apps across multiple platforms for both performance and usability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, the DOM, and browser development tools.
- Familiarity with Lean or Agile development principles, specifically Scrum.
- Familiarity with automated testing concepts.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, able to proactively identify work, handle tasks, and complete work without supervision.
- Familiarity with unit testing and end-to-end testing using Protractor and Karma.
- Experience developing web services using the .NET Framework, Web API, and C#.