Chenega Professional & Technical Services (CPTS) is seeking an experienced and motivated Front-End Software Engineer to become part of our team developing mission-critical applications for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). You will work in a collaborative team environment to design, develop and enhance front end software for search functionality and the DEA’s enterprise data warehouse systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with UI and UX designers to create the best experience for our end users.
- Write tests to ensure code is accurate and troubleshoot/debug code as needed.
- Provide valuable work in support of Scrum Team efforts.
- Participate in active team environment as both a continual learner and supportive coach.
- Strong communication skills required which includes the ability to articulate the why, how, and what of our work.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- 15+ years of web development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of ASP.Net C# MVC based web development experience using Visual Studio 2008 or higher.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) in an Agile development environment.
- Active Secret clearance required.
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ for message brokering.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.