WaterFurnace has developed and implemented a unique initiative called Symphony. It serves as a platform for Internet of Things, Smart Home Systems as well as a connected platform for our heat pump products. We are calling for the brightest minds who share ourcommitment to work for a more sustainable future—so that we together can push the boundaries of how to utilize local energy sources in the most efficient ways possible to create a comfortable indoor climate.
You will be a part of a small team responsible for developing multiple web based frontend systems and apps with human UI interfaces as well as IoT functionalities. Our development team consists of people with expertise in many areas ranging from hardware development to cloud services.
Summary of Position
Your role will have responsibility for the front end and app development supporting Symphony and other WaterFurnace software application products.
Nature and Scope:
- Developing front end code for customer use in accessing our web applications.
- Developing smart device App's for customer use in accessing our products.
- Developing software specifications for use as documentation and for use with outside software suppliers as needed.
- Working cooperatively with WaterFurnace IT and marketing on software development and implementation.
- Designing and developing other software for engineering use as needed.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
Primary Skills Required:
- 2+ years web development experience.
- Experience with UX design and products such as Adobe InDesign.
- Mastery of web development.
- Proficiency with C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, PHP and Python.
- Proficiency with revision control including: git, subversion, or equivalent.
- Preferred technical requirements: Java/Kotlin, Objective-C/Swift, git, Jira, HTTP, REST.
- Developed apps and published them to Google play or the Apple Appstore.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Secondary skills that are plus:
- 2+ years of C# software development experience.
- In depth knowledge with different SQL databases.
- API development and Message queuing services such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience about MongoDB, Cassandra or similar NoSQL databases.
- Proficiency with VMWare, Hyper-V and Azure.
- MicroChip PIC Microprocessor Development Environment.
- Linux system experience.