Clearbanc was founded with the mission of providing growth capital for online-enabled businesses, using actual business data instead of a personal credit score. We believe that selling equity to buy Facebook and Google ads is a bad deal for startups. That's why we've built an alternative for fast-growing businesses. In 2018, we invested more than $150 million in 500 companies and this year we plan to invest $1 billion in 2000 companies.
Having completed our Series A funding, we're in a unique position to develop new products, while continuing to help our entrepreneurs scale their businesses globally.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We're a company built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs obsessed with our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed - a true partner.
We embrace openness and transparency. You'll get the chance to work closely with our team who have built, scaled and sold companies before. While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don't know all the answers so we're constantly experimenting and learning together.
Clearbanc is going through an exciting growth phase and we're looking for the right people to join #TeamClearbanc. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person looking to make an impact while getting exposure to fintech and learning what it takes to build a successful startup.
We aren't your typical growth and marketing team, in fact, I will go out on a limb and say that this is the most unique job available to a software engineer in Toronto.
We are looking for a software engineer experienced in web development, comfortable with both front-end and server-side technologies, that can work on our dynamic team to help us hit our aggressive revenue targets for 2019 and beyond.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Here's why this job is so amazing:
- For the most part, you can pick your tools as the majority of your work will be greenfield and free of legacy dependencies.
- You will work on projects that are directly connected to revenue.
- You will be able to walk away in 5 years with "Built X, Y and Z that generated 10M in revenue for Clearbanc" on your resume.
- You get to work directly with the growth and marketing team, affording you the freedom to experiment and make a direct impact on our company's growth.
- You get to be a part of one of the best tech teams in the country, absorbing and contributing to our engineering practices and learning initiatives to add to your arsenal of technical skills.
WHAT WILL YOU BE WORKING ON?
- Here are some typical projects you will own:
- Developing micro-sites and conversion tools with our Marketing Designer and Head of Content.
- Implementing A/B testing strategies across multiple applications to see if certain ideas on a page convert better than others, along with the tracking system to measure them.
- Writing scripts to pull data from different sources and stitch them together for analysis or enrichment.Building a landing page framework to support our international go to market team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You should definitely apply if:
- You have started a business or built an app in the past that has failed
- You want to learn how to drive revenue, not just build shiny things
- You want to work with a cross-functional team of marketers, designers and engineersYou agree with the following statement: "It would be boring if there were no problems or challenges in life. Figuring out how to solve them makes life worth living."
- Please don't apply if:
- You like designing things from first principles with ample time to evaluate and plan your solutions
- You would rather write your own library than use an existing one
- You are so obsessed with clean code that it slows you down
- You want to know exactly what you will be working on next week
- You should be comfortable completing the following tasks:
- Build database-backed REST APIs that fuel web applications
- Take a Sketch/Illustrator design and turn it into HTML + CSS
- Come up with creative technical solutions to achieve high-level growth milestones
- Work with a host of analytics and tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude, Segment, etc) to measure conversion, attribution, etc.
- Estimate your time and hold yourself accountable