We are seeking highly motivated Software Developers who will directly impact the next-generation of our products and services. You will play a hands-on role in the design and development of new digital apps as well as improvements to our existing digitalportfolio. In this position you will be exposed to all software system components, including the UI, backend systems, database, performance tuning, security design, and mobile and desktop deployment. You will have the ability to grow your experience and explore new technologies within our cross-collaboration team setting that is leading the digital transformation for United Technologies.
As a member of a cross-functional team of product managers, software architects and designers, you will combine your software development and analytical skills to build web & mobile apps that solve real world problems leveraging best of breed digital technologies. This role will also work closely with UTC's engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams to challenge the boundaries of what's possible.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent UTC's best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain user-facing features
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX requirements
- Optimize application code for speed and scalability
- Identify strategies to systemically improve code quality
- Automate repetitive tasks and enhance the developerexperience
- 7+ years of experience
- Mastery of HTML5/CSS3, and proficiency in CSS pre-processing (SASS,LESS)
- Experience building Responsive and Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Experience in web application development and associated skills (REST, HTTP, JSON)
- Familiarity with networking and security basics (ssh, certification, DNS, key management, CORS)
- Usage of dependency bundling tool (Webpack, Browserify)
- Experience with browser testing and debugging
- Affinity for profiling and analyzing code to identify areas for improvement
- Usage of Continuous Integration services (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience working in a Test Driven and Agile environment
- Excellent analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Ability and eagerness to pass on knowledge to other team members
- Ability to define and develop improved working practices
- Organizational and presentation skills
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Can demonstrate close working relationships with “back-end” engineers and understand how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent practical experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68047BR