$80K — $100K *
Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
Our Product Group:
Independent Advisor Software group offers innovative and differentiated products and services for the Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) market. Our all-in-one portfolio accounting and practice management platform, Morningstar Office supports RIA’s day-to-day activities with our billing, performance reporting, back-office services, rebalancing, and account aggregation capabilities, powered by Morningstar’s independent data and research.
We are seeking a Front-End Engineer with full-stack experience. This position will be part of an engineering team focused on Morningstar Office Cloud, our web-based offering for RIAs. The position includes development of new systems, workflows, and capabilities, as well as maintenance and improvement of existing applications. Candidates should have solid software engineering experience in building commercial-grade Web-based applications using modern SPA technology. You will work with other engineers to develop APIs and modernize the platform to build leading product experiences. This role will collaborate closely with designers and act as a bridge between design and engineering to ensure brand, design vision, and UX best practices are properly translated into the browser. A successful candidate will be able to play an active role in managing the prioritization of work in order to meet project goals. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Collaborate with product, design, and business stakeholders to deliver value to our customers.
• Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms.
• Craft semantic HTML markup with a strong focus on accessibility.
• Testing across browsers and devices to ensure a consistent user experience.
• Create lightweight and fast-loading experiences through optimization of front-end code.
• Use an Agile approach to iteratively maintain and develop new functionality.
• Work with server-side engineers to build robust RESTful and/or SOAP-based Web services.
• Stay up to date on emerging technologies.
• Promote usability best practices.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other related field.
• 1-2 years’ experience with SPA client-side frameworks such as Vue.js or React.js.
• 1-2 years’ experience with build process management tools like Grunt, or Gulp, or Webpack.
• 1-2 years’ Experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS) and post processing.
• 1-2 years’ experience with server-side technologies such as Node.JS, Java, or C#.
• Proven knowledge of enterprise software concerns such as security, scalability, transaction management, and concurrency.
• Familiarity with design patterns like MVC and MVVM required.
• Experience with XML and XSLT is a plus.
• Experience working in Scrum-based methodologies is a plus.
• Highly motivated individual with the potential and desire to learn new technologies and take on an increasing level of responsibility within the technology team.
• Ability to work independently, communicates effectively, and produces superior results.
• Experience within the financial services industry is desirable.
Valid through: 7/7/2021