ABOUT THE ROLE :
This specialized role is within the Technology operations group of The Trade Desk. This group is focused on delivering world-class solutions for the internal clients of The Trade Desk. In this role you will be building intuitive and efficient user interfaces for our internal business teams such as Finance, Marketing, Data partnerships, People Operations, Sales, Trading and several others.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
If you have the talent and passion for building highly-interactive, innovative, and lightning-fast web UI, and interest in making a difference in the day to day lives of teams that are building blocks of the Trade Desk, through most expressive and data-rich interfaces in the world, then this is a great opportunity to bring your creativity, design, and engineering skills to bear to solve some of usability and interaction challenges anywhere.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You are a skilled front-end developer, with several years' experience in a modern, interactive client-side framework. ( React+Redux is a big plus )
- You understand best practices on dynamic content creation and global website deployments into Cloud and On-Premise environments.
- You have a track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to complex and challenging UX projects. What we're getting at here is "grit" or "street cred" – some proof that this isn't your first rodeo, and you have learned some lessons the hard way.
- You are passionate for building beautiful and seamless user interfaces. You know how to give users something that is more than just functional – you know how to delight them!
- You work quickly and self-reliantly. We're not exactly a startup anymore, but we run our team like one – fast and lean – which means every engineer has a high degree of ownership and potential impact. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected) to exercise leadership and expertise in their daily work, having strongly held and defensible ideas, and advocating for what they believe is right. But they also need to be eager to hear differing opinions, adept at identifying and evaluating tradeoffs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to help their fellow teammates.