The Alexa Blueprints team is looking for a highly motivated, creative and passionate Front-End Engineer II (L5) to help build and internationally expand this org's critical projects. If you’re eager to build products that customers will love and use every day, come join us! We’re expanding a team that thrives in a start-up like environment where flexibility, teamwork, and delivering rock-solid, customer focused solutions is paramount.
Alexa Blueprints is a responsive web application with desktop and mobile web footprint. The skills created from blueprints are available on 1P, 2P, and 3P devices with a wide array of form factors and capabilities. In this role, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the quality of every skill that runs on Alexa and create new capabilities in Blueprints to make them richer and more powerful for all Alexa customers. You will be working with cross-functional teams and roles across our org to launch best in class technical solutions. You will work directly with Developers, QA Engineers, SDETs, Product Managers, UX Designers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure quality development of our applications and platforms. You will own front-end development and will insist on highest usability standards and best possible customer experience.
You are highly collaborative, with a proven track record for working closely with teams to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions. You deliver results and earn trust through regular and precise communications. You have strong analytical skills and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers. You can work with minimal direction and are capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself.
Join our team and help us launch something new that will truly surprise and delight our customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years professional experience in software or web development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and problem solving
· Experience in ReactNative or other Mobile development platforms
· Experience building large-scale web applications
· 5+ years professional experience in software or web development
· Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. ReactJS, JQuery, AngularJS, etc.)
· Experience with MVC frameworks, Spring desired
· Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
· Experience developing back-end services and ability to contribute as needed
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
· Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience using ReactNative and managing feature parity across web and mobile apps.