Ferguson is currently seeking the right person to fill an immediate need for a Front-end Engineer. We hope that person is you!
We understand that our greatest assets are our awesome people, so we’re dedicated to offering an inclusive environment with extensive opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting and happy career with us. Join our team today!
As an employer of full-time remote engineers, we take pride in our ability to stay engaged day-to-day as a community and as a workforce. We have the tools and habits needed to keep remote team members feeling connected and supported. Some of our most active Slack channels are dedicated to humor, food, and hobbies!
Our software engineers are the heart of our team. As such, we use lean, cross-functional teams which can move quickly and with confidence. We do not choose technology for its own sake - our decisions must address known business concerns. We strive to maintain a balance between the flexibility of design and the usability of the software. We thrive on feedback: Whether it’s testing, code reviews, or the development lifecycle, we aim to keep the feedback loops as short as possible.
What are you going to do?
- Write modular, performant, well-tested code.
- Conduct yourself with honesty and integrity.
- Approach colleagues, customers, and vendors with compassion and respect.
- Take a well-reasoned approach to problem-solving by objectively evaluating all options.
- Perform collaborative code reviews to ensure standards of quality and conventions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Communicate clearly and professionally across departments, as needed.
- Write and maintain documentation on software solutions.
- Monitor application performance and react or communicate, as necessary. Technologies you’ll be exposed to include:
- Web Applications using React, Apollo, Express and Webpack
- GraphQL resolvers written in TypeScript
- CSS pre- and post-processors (SASS, PostCSS, etc.)
- Git (with GitHub)
- Enterprise-scale telemetry and analytics (New Relic, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Mobile Application using React Native
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Backend services written in Java handling high volumes of traffic
What will you bring to the table?
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent prior experience in software development.
- A demonstrated passion and curiosity for code and technology design.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a real-world application
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, inclusive work environment.
- NodeJS experience is critical, and any experience with the above technologies is a plus.
- Bonus points for experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery workflows!
What do we bring to the table?
- Competitive salaries with 401(k) and paid leave.
- Great benefits including medical, dental, life, vision and much more for you and your family.
- Amazing work environment that makes you want to be at work every day! · Incredible employee discounts on Ferguson products (seriously, you’ll use them).
- Internal training programs suited to your desired areas of growth.
- External training opportunities such as Pluralsight and conferences.