At Bitly, our mission is to empower businesses to create trusted, powerful, recognizable links that maximize the impact of every digital initiative. We are also proud of our community and our culture, and we are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission, and values.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will collaborate with product, design, and engineering to build impactful new features used everyday by our sizable customer base of paid and free users ranging from top brands to individuals. Our engineering team works on challenging product and data-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide analytics for over 8 billion clicks per month for people and businesses all over the world. We have a friendly, inclusive culture that's built around helping each other improve and learn.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to build, ship, and improve our core products
- Explore new languages, frameworks, and methodologies while also being able to discuss when—or when not—to use them in a production environment
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable client-side web application code
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews as well as deploying frequently
Who You Are
- You have a willingness to learn, experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows
- You write clear, concise, and tested code for client-side web applications
- You possess detailed knowledge of responsive CSS and HTML5
- You have experience using a flavor of version control—we use git and Github to collaborate and manage pull requests
Bonus Points for
- A love of Scrum and an interest in helping the team develop agreements and processes around that methodology
- Experience working in startup environments
- Familiarity with concepts like immutable data structures and functional programming