$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The Selling Partner Promotions Team is looking for a "rock-star" engineer with a proven track record of solving challenging technical problems and creating great products for end users. The candidate should be an expert in working in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, and can bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team.
You should have a strong background in the fundamentals of front end development, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building experiences users "rave about".
We are passionate about building user friendly, engaging websites and highly scalable distributed systems for our customers as well as internal business users.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
· 4+ years of professional front end development.
· Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
· Experience with responsive design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
· Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
· Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, performant, secure and accessibility compliant.
· Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
· Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
· Able to dive into the source code of front end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary.
· Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer's devices, etc.).
· Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
· Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13