The Front-End Development Manager (FEDM) is responsible for the Olefins – Logistics Team and accountable to lead the development and delivery of the Pre-DG3 phase of the project in accordance with the technical specifications, HSSE requirements within schedule and budget with a well-defined, competitive, and credible concept, aligned with agreed premises and within the approved risk framework for large capital projects.
The FEDM Leads the Olefins LOGISTICS Development (FED) team.
- Manage Olefins LOGISTICS Project Interfaces and Project Complexity
- Lead Project team to develop Project Feasibility (Assess) and Scope development (Select).
- Identify, Frame and Evaluate Alternatives
- Technical integration and Leadership across all disciplines
- Accountable for the Technical Success of the project
- Deliver on the Value Proposition
- Progress the Olefins LOGISTICS project process technical team through MCDS Motiva Capital Delivery Standard (MCDS) from DG-2 to DG3 and/or FID.
- Responsible for the quality of the technical governance of the project, including milestone forecasting, and obtaining technical approval for investment proposals.
- Responsible for the Olefins LOGISTICS project cost, schedule, progress management reporting dashboards.
- Oversee the delivery of team of project engineers and EPC contractors.
- Responsible for defining, delivering, sign-off of the project technical assurance plans.
- Primary focal point for technical development discussions, work program and budget (WP&B) approvals, IP approvals.
- Provide input into any commercial negotiations such as joint operating agreements and/or sales agreements.
- Bachelors degree in engineering prefer chemical or mechanical disipline.
- 15+ years of professional experience in the chemical and/or refining industry
- 5+ years experience in manager/supervisor role
- 2+ years of experience with Olefins (Polypropylene/Polypropylene)