The Front-End Development Manager (FEDM) is responsible for the Derivatives Polyethylene Inside Battery Limits (ISBL) Team and accountable to lead the development and delivery of the Pre-DG3 phase of the project in accordance with the technical specifications, HSSE requirements within schedule and budget with a well-defined, competitive, and credible concept, aligned with agreed premises and within the approved risk framework for large capital projects.
The FEDM Leads the Derivatives Polyethylene ISBL Development (FED) team.
- Manage Derivatives Polyethylene ISBL Project Interfaces and Project Complexity
- Lead Project team to develop Project Feasibility (Assess) and Scope development (Select).
Identify, Frame and Evaluate Alternatives
Technical integration and Leadership across all disciplines
Accountable for the Technical Success of the project
Deliver on the Value Proposition
- Progress the Derivatives Polyethylene ISBL project process technical team through MCDS Motiva Capital Delivery Standard (MCDS) from DG-2 to DG3 and/or FID.
- Responsible for the quality of the technical governance of the project, including milestone forecasting, and obtaining technical approval for investment proposals.
- Responsible for the Derivatives Polyethylene ISBL project cost, schedule, progress management reporting dashboards.
- Oversee the delivery of team of project engineers and EPC contractors.
- Responsible for defining, delivering, sign-off of the project technical assurance plans.
- Primary focal point for technical development discussions, work program and budget (WP&B) approvals, IP approvals.
- Provide input into any commercial negotiations such as joint operating agreements and/or sales agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Prefer chemical or mechanical discipline.
- 12+ years of professional experience in the chemical and/or refining industry
- 3+ years experience in manager/supervisor role
- 2+ years of experience with Olefins (Polypropylene/Polyethylene)