$80K — $100K *
The mission of the AWS Computer Vision Data Platform team is to build an end to end data platform (data collection, selection/active learning, annotation and training) and feature specific annotation tooling to deliver high quality computer vision training datasets at scale. The team owns the systems and pipelines that enable data acquisition, ingestion, classification, visualization, annotation, training and evaluation and active learning.
In Front-end Software Engineer role, you will:
• Operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product
• Design and build scalable User Experiences
• Partner with research team to innovate and solve Computer Vision problems using ML
• Lead small to midsize complex project from requirements through launch.
• Work closely with data scientists, UX designers & Product Managers to develop the best user experience designs and solutions
• Establish the best processes and drive improvements in design, development and operations.
• Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java/Scala/Go/C#/Python on Unix/Linux.
• Experience in translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Experience with highly distributed systems with focus on the front-end stack development
• Experience with AWS technologies and frameworks.
• Experience developing software using modern frameworks such as AngularJS, React, Spring or Node
• Passion for usability and creating efficient, scalable user interfaces
• Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and software engineering best practices
Valid through: 3/5/2021