Luxe yarns and a minimalist aesthetic have defined the Vince heritage since the brand’s inception in 2002. Designed in California and crafted using innovative fabrications and techniques, Vince infuses urban utility and modern sensibility into signature, luxury fundamentals. From its edited core collection of ultra-soft cashmere knits and cotton tees, Vince has evolved into a global lifestyle brand and destination for both women’s and men’s apparel and accessories.
Vince is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of the brand who have passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, a community to “give-back”, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Front End Developer, under the supervision of the Sr Manager, Digital Experience, is responsible for the design, development and coding of seasonal content updates and new site enhancements for vince.com. These include site updates and other promotional material pertaining to digital. Must have strong HTML/CSS coding skills with experience in responsive websites. Ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively and manage many projects at a time is a must.
- Adopt, develop and deploy scalable and appropriate website solutions that best achieve the target capabilities and leverage the platform effectively (Responsive HTML, CSS, Flexbox, JQuery)
- Participate in the creative phase of digital projects, understanding brand, creating concepts and prototypes, and implementing the overall visual and emotional design style
- Ability to quickly learn and become expert of ecommerce platforms (Salesforce Commerce Cloud)
- Brainstorming creative concepts and how they can be articulated to the customer via content and user-experience updates
- Guide user experience design past the creative phase into production, collaborating and partnering with digital marketing, content strategies and developers.
- Attend internal hand-off meetings with departmental groups to ensure timely approval process
- Ability to work independently and in conjunction with Creative Director/Art Director/UI-UX
- Responsible for and ensures all work is reviewed and tested for accuracy before deployment
- Work on special creative projects for brands as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In-depth knowledge of following: Responsive HTML, CSS, media queries
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud preferred
- At least 2+ years experience in Front End Development.
- Proven interaction and graphic design skills, portfolio may be requested
- Current and relevant experience with trends affecting digital interactive product design (e.g. mobile, responsive design, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of web UI standards, responsive design frameworks, usability
- Experience with managing website content (dynamic/static)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential for effective interaction with all levels of company management and personnel.
- Very strong organization skills. Attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded, and comfortable with developing a structure to meet project goals.
- Any combination of relevant and equivalent education, experience, or training that provides the necessary skills, abilities, or knowledge will be considered.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health and welfare benefits.