Who You Are...
You are a skilled Front-end Developer, with more than 3 years of web development experience. You're a ninja with the DOM, and get excited optimizing UX and/or conversion rates. You’re able to quickly develop experiments, iterate in an agile fashion and implement the winning variation in a product. You’re comfortable collaborating with growth strategists to uncover potential conversion optimization opportunities in order to generate hypotheses to A/B test.
You enjoy working closely with designers and outside stakeholders to build awesome UI/UX components and systems. You understand all aspects of A/B testing, user acquisition, and conversion rate optimization. You have experience liaising and collaborating with other departments in determining requirements and specifications.
You love to coach, lead and nurture the development of more junior developers while shaping our software development culture by improving our processes and codebases. You enjoy interpreting test data and sharing the test results with stakeholders.
You want to join us in using exciting new technologies to build the next generation of one of the most visible, and prominently placed components of the Hootsuite product.
You are super smart and have a BSc, BCS, BASc or comparable degree in a relevant program, or have equivalent work experience.
You’re an expert at...
- CSS - preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Quickly developing optimization tests, and iterating on them
You’re Great at...
- Building high-volume, highly available, scalable and extensible websites/applications
- Working with REST APIs
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- Some experience with A/B Testing (and maybe testing platforms like Optimizely, Google Optimize, Adobe Test and Target, etc...)
- Some experienceworking with tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics, Interana, Adobe Analytics/Omniture)
- PHP - specifically Yii, Laravel and/or Symfony
- Effective communicator
- Eager to learn and evolve your technical capabilities
- Working in an agile environment and methodologies
- Operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, comfortable with some ambiguity)
- Passion for social media and new ideas
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.