You’ll use your background in web development to ensure that the functionality and design of creative concepts for a project are compatible with current standards. You’ll do work that runs the gamut of front-end development, from building sites and optimizing them for mobile to performing daily maintenance on existing sites. And you’ll do it all at an agency that snags awards every year for its exceptional work and great workplace culture.
We want someone who’s committed to being pixel-perfect, loves talking about front-end frameworks, and takes pride in creating effective, efficient experiences for users. If that sounds like you, we want to meet you!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years’ experience in front-end development
- Expertise in hand-coding tableless HTML layouts with cross-browser-compatible HTML/CSS
- Strong understanding of email development
- Experience building sites from scratch, using modern web practices to create an efficient user experience
- Strong development background in WordPress, including custom theme development and structured content authoring models (either Advanced Custom Fields or WordPress block editor)
- Solid understanding of a modular approach and its benefits to web design and development.
- Solid understanding of how to develop responsive sites which are cross-browser and device compatible
- Experience using debug tools (Chrome DevTools, DOM, etc.)
- Team-oriented, we-before-me attitude
- Familiar with Git
- Able to navigate design files (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in web design and development, or a related discipline
- A focus on front-end development — while we will consider all qualified candidates, this is not a position for back-end developers who know some front-end coding
Any or all of the following are a PLUS:
- Agency experience
- Exposure to styling and templating in enterprise-level CMS such as Sitecore, Drupal, etc.
- Experience working with CSS frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, 960 Grid, etc.)