Sunquest Information Systems uses advances in genetics to help realize the promise of precision medicine and improve the care of patients. Construction of IT systems to support research and clinical use of genetic data are a critical part of this mission. The systems we build and maintain are distributed to laboratories and clinics. The user interfaces we develop should minimize The complexity of genetics.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our development team. You will collaborate with both the UI/UX designer to define and develop the UI, and with the backend developers to influence their design of server side API needed to support your work.
We require an individual that will thrive as a member of a high performing team. A desire and ability to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion is important.
- You will be an integral member of our agile development team.
- You will craft the ‘client-side’ of our interactive web applications.
- You will write automated tests where applicable.
Skills And Qualifications
- Your expertise in web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 will key to your success in this position.
- Deep understanding of asynchronous request handling, AJAX, and single-page app design.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging. Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Solid grasp of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to Adobe Flex.
- Understanding of backend Java development.
Sunquest’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Sunquest Information Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.