Location: San Francisco, CA,
Position Type: Fulltime Permanent
- Create new and maintain/refactor existing client-facing interfaces using modern development practices.
- Collaborate iteratively with product and UI/UX teams to translate business requirements into projects with established requirements and scope that have an achievable and sustainable schedule for development.
- Architect and implement new or bring in existing third party reusable UI components, libraries and patterns as appropriate.
- Make technological recommendations while weighing various tradeoffs.
- Participate in code reviews to lead team to the highest standards.
- Effectively communicate with customer support to resolve production issues.
- Deliver products on time in an agile and continuous development environment.
- Work to establish front-end best practices and share these guidelines across all other development teams through documentation, style guides, exemplary code and build tooling.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a front-end web developer building performant cross-browser responsive web applications in a team environment.
- Experience delivering product features in a Consumer or Enterprise SaaS company.
- Have built user interfaces and single page applications on top of RESTful APIs .
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SCSS .
- Familiarity with a server-side MVC web frameworks , preferably Ruby on Rails
- Ability manage or develop multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Care deeply about accessibility or have implemented WCAG compliant code .
- Full-stack development experience, especially with Ruby on Rails .
- Front-end performance profiling and optimization experience including caching, page rendering improvements, and traffic minimization.
- A strong interest in best practices for UI/UX and demonstrable design, UX and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Experience with unit, integration and feature testing strategies and/or test driven design.
- Have implemented a living style guide.