A global financial firm is seeking a Front End Developer to join their team in New York. This candidate will be responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications.
- Migrate an existing customer facing Microsoft Silverlight application to HTML5
- Contribute towards design and solutions by developing prototypes and proofs of concept
- Collaborate with extended development and QA teams in a different time zone
- Collaborate with Muni Users for UAT testing.
- 5+ years of experience developing front end applications
- Well-versed in AngularJs, Kendo UI, HTML5 and TypeScript and related technologies such as JSON, JQuery and AJAX
- Experienced in developing and designing web interfaces; strong fundamentals and in-depth knowledge of UI, development patterns and OOP
- Good interpersonal (written and oral) communication skills
- Skills or experience that is a Plus (not mandatory)
- Having worked in the Financial industry
- Experience with Microsoft Silverlight and .NET applications