A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
- The candidate will take direction from tech and creative leads while communicating issues, providing estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Candidates must be team-oriented and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with various back-end technologies, as well as frameworks and services.
- Our Front End Developers must demonstrate the ability to master new/emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
- Develop specifications of extremely complex software programming applications.
- Responsible for components of an application or the overall operating system or complex sub-systems, such as sophisticated file management routines, large telecommunications networks, and administrative and statistical software packages, performance evaluation and enhancements.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of software programming while working on own most of the time.
- May act as Project Leader.
This position can be located in our Boston, New York City or Springfield offices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years’ experience focused on front end development
- Basic knowledge of SQL and back-end experience on Microsoft technologies (.NET, MS SQL)
- The ability to own the end-to-end front-end development of a project
- Authorized to work in the U.S. with or without sponsorship
- Significant experience in coding and unit testing in HTML/HTML5, CSS3
- Excellent understanding of how content, design, and UI work together for an optimal user experience. Understanding of semantic meanings on markup code and W3C standards. Thorough understanding of fluid and responsive layout, browser behavior and compatibility, and cross-device issues and solutions.
- Ability to mentor peers and junior developers in order to promote good coding practices.
- Able to create markup that is consistent across all browsers and platforms, understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them. Strong understanding of peer review and source control (preferably git).
- Understanding of SEO principles and digital communication channels like social media platforms and video/YouTube.
- A current knowledge of mobile best practices, including the Apple Human Interface and Android’s material design.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and other graphic editing tools of the Creative Cloud (this is not a design role, but a good knowledge of basic design and animation principles is a huge plus).
- Experience building a comprehensive pattern library.
- Excellent organization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and adjust to frequent changes and priorities.
- Team player and collaborator who can easily adapt and adjust within a dynamic agency environment.
- Persuasive and effective communication skills includingexperiencepresenting and clearly articulating coding strategies R3858