Working at PA Interactive:
This is a chance to deliver on services that affect Pennsylvanians daily and create work you’re proud to talk about with people who value technology. As a Front End Developer, you’ll work in a multidisciplinary team to deliver world-class, user-centered products and services that power government.
As an Front-End Developer, your job will be to build accessible products and services that are simple enough for everyone to use.
You’ll be excited by the challenge of creating digital products and services that work across multiple channels, devices, browsers, and platforms.
You’ll have the opportunity to see the bigger picture as well as the fine detail; and be able create solutions that use the latest standards in development practices.
You’ll understand how to implement human-centered design within an agile development process to create highly engaging solutions that the government and citizens use every day.
You’ll help the government transform the way it delivers services, so that they’re more efficient, simpler, faster, and easier to use.
- Showcase the ability to understand customer problems and to use that understanding to create elegant but practical solutions.
- Understand human-centered design principles and processes and how to implement them in standards compliant code to ensure outcomes meet both business and user goals.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-disciplinary teams to inform and improve code quality and best practices.
- Ensure code documentation is easily understood and coding practices utilize common approaches that will help products and services scale.
- Build trusted relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong emphasis on building universally accessible products and services (Section 508, ARIA, WCAG. etc.).
- Initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the product features and capabilities.
- Demonstrates an attitude of service and leverages code for civic good.
- Able to take designs and turn them into functional artifacts.
- Comfortable with design-related programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma).
- Understands how to design within a branded system and/or product.
- 3-5 years' experience in a Web Design & Development, UI Development, or Front-End Engineering.
- Experienced with mobile-first & responsive web design (Flexbox and CSS Grid).
- Proficiency and experienced with HTML Frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Skeleton, etc.).
- Proficient and experienced with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experienced with content management systems (SharePoint 2016, WordPress, etc.).
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to mitigate them.
- Basic understanding of Package Management, such as Node, for importing shared libraries in a project.
- Basic understanding and experience in implementing SEO principles.
- Basic understanding and usage of CSS pre-processors such as LESS and SCSS.
- Basic understanding and usage of Developer Tools/Browser Stack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Highly comfortable presenting their work to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate well with others and a desire to learn and share knowledge with the wider team.
- Experience working in an agile environment within a multidisciplinary team.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services design.
- Experience with Mobile and App experience (Ionic, Angular, React, Cordova, etc.).
- Experience with task runners like Gulp, Grunt, or Yeoman.
- Experience with PHP & MySQL.
- Experience with WordPress theme tools like Underscores and Timber.
- Competitive compensation program,
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance,
- Paid vacation/holidays/personal days,
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting,
- Employee stock purchase plan,
- Life insurance,
- Disability insurance,
- Company wellness program,
- Relaxed work environment & flexible hours,
- And much more!