Designs, codes, tests, documents and maintains applications to meet ERCOT business needs based on the ERCOT defined Software Development Life Cycle. Works closely with customers, business area subject matter experts, team members and other internal technical teams to design, develop and maintain complex ERCOT applications in support of market needs and internal corporate requirements. Uses toolsets that adhere to the frameworks of the technical stack used across the Application Services division and ensures that products and solutions comply with the organization’s architectural standards. The Applications Developer works with ERCOT business partners to design, develop and support complex business applications and tools.
- Understands the basic principles, theories and concepts related to the profession and learns how to apply them within the ERCOT culture.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Learns to understand business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions
- Under supervision participates in all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, test and integration of products
- Helps develop design specifications and parameters that are in compliance with products’ architectural blueprints
- Helps research, evaluate and incorporate new technology and tools to enhance the product development process
- Resolves customer complaints with products and responds to suggestions for improvement and enhancements
- May assist in development of product user manuals
- Assists in defining the overall technical development goals of the team
- Assists with providing code statistics, development metrics (i.e. development cycle time), and assisting in the implementation and maintenance of a standardized development methodology
- Interfaces with several key groups in the company to ensure quality product delivery (example, project managers, application and technical architects, usability engineers, other development groups, business end users, and external users as appropriate)
- Maintains and may enhance proficiency in key technical areas
Level 2 – Above +
- Conducts all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, testing and integration of products
- Participates in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations
- Supplies input and insight in development of product user manuals
- Provides code statistics, development metrics (i.e. development cycle time), and assisting in the implementation and maintenance of a standardized development methodology
- Conducts component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, and product evaluation
- Researches, evaluates and incorporates new technology and tools to enhance the product development process
- Develops and revises product user manuals
- Gives advice and recommendations to management for the overall technical development goals of the web team
- Advises and guides several key groups in the company to ensure quality product delivery (example, project managers, application and technical architects, usability engineers, other development groups, business end users, and external users as appropriate)
- Expands technical proficiency in key technical areas
- Minimum of 5 years experience in UI development
- Understanding of agile software development practices
- Experience working with GIT
- Work with Back End developers on any integrations and dependencies, making sure features are working on an end-to-end basis.
- Proficient in:
- Angular 8+
- Node JS
- Bachelor's Degree : Computer Science or related field (Required)
- or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
- Some job duties must be performed on-site at the Taylor location, but the majority of work can be performed remote
- Schedules will be flexible based on business needs
- Some personal preference options may be allowed, Manager will determine if accommodations can be made based on business needs
- May choose to work onsite 100% of the time
Work arrangements are subject to business needs and are subject to change accordingly.
- The foregoing description reflects the minimum qualifications and the essential functions of the position that must be performed proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. It is not an exhaustive list of the duties expected to be performed, and management may, at its discretion, revise or require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This job description is not intended to create a contract of employment with ERCOT. Both ERCOT and the employee may exercise their employment-at-will rights at any time.