$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry's technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That's because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer's experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
The IT Digital Transformation Office at Daimler Truck North America is dedicated to driving cultural and technological change. We are committed to fostering an environment where technology comes closer to the people that use it, where the customer is at the center of the experience, and where all parties involved choose the most efficient and effective products, approaches and processes.
As part of this commitment, we are seeking a front-end architect who will primarily serve in a research and development capacity. This individual will work rapidly through research efforts, and will be part of team responsible for creating prototypes and proofs of concept that test and validate digital ideas. The scope of this work is with on a case-by-case basis. However, the range of topics are broad and can extend from working in the truck systems, to back office applications, to advanced analytics and machine-learning based programs.
An ideal candidate will have worked with a broad array of front-end development stacks as well as a wide variety of architectural and back-end approaches. This person should be familiar with development for enterprise as well as the challenges involved when developing systems that can scale. Finally, as an agent of cultural change, this person should be able to educated and inform while applying their knowledge in a given problem space, and be prepared to defend their position, when questions or challenges to their chosen approach arise.
- Play a primary role in the research of new technologies and development approaches, and demonstrate the ability to compare and defend an approach among alternatives
- Expert knowledge of front-end development stacks, approaches, and best practices
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements for new or existing products
- Create new components and user-facing features based on an existing design language
- Inform and ensure the technical feasibility of new ideas and designs
- Build reusable code and libraries that can be leveraged by others
- Own the front-end of a small Vue.js based client application
- Lead technical discussions, with other developers and influencers, that surround that topics of technology, architecture, and scalability
- Strong desire to seek new challenges, and investigate new technologies and apply them in a variety of applications
- Bachelor's from an accredited university/college with 3+ years of related experience OR anAssociates degree from an accredited school with 5+ years related experience OR a high school diploma with 7+ years related experience required
- An attached resume is required
- A degree focus in Computer Science or related preferred
- 5 years experience in a technical role required
- Must have served as a primary technical lead in a front-end development or similar position required
- Ability to explain what clean code is required
- Experience developing and using APIs and working with middleware required
- Working experience with git, GitHub, and/or gitlab required
- Experience with Cloud environments, Linux, CI/CD, SQL, and Node.js strongly preferred
- Experience with the application of machine learning preferred
- A driven personality, and ability to work with minimal supervision preferred
- Experience with search products preferred
- A desire to play a role in the digitalization initiatives and influence the future direction of a truck manufacturer preferred
- Experience working on a broad range of products with a variety of topics preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Valid Through: 2019-11-4