Directs and controls the activities of the Front Desk. Acts as the manager on duty in the hotel when senior managers are not available. Manages shifts and schedules of the Front Desk team. Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
We are looking for individuals with a high level of engagement and excellent communication skills. You will have a special talent for ensuring our guests feel at home and receive the highest levels of service, be a passionate and motivated leader with excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams and inspire them, have the highest level of integrity and transparency, strong business acumen, and have an exceptional eye for detail. You must be able to manage stress effectively, de-escalate conflict, work well under pressure and perform as a quintessential problem solver. Previous experience of 3 years required in the Hospitality Industry and Rooms Division, in a leading role. Experience within Four Seasons preferred. Applicants are required to have high analytical and organizational skills. Speaking, writing and reading English is required. Spanish is a plus. Positive attitude and willing to learn is a must. This position requires an applicant with an open and flexible schedule and the ability to work different shifts and weekends.
- Manages the staff at the Front Desk. Directs all activities of the Asst. Front Desk Managers and the Night Manager to ensure communications and follow-up on any problems, guest requests or special requirements. Interviews, trains and schedules the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
- Reviews and monitors schedules of staff in all departments of responsibility. Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. When taking a shift at the desk, follows up on credit problems. Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings. Checks cashiers’ work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees when senior managers are not available. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest. Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.