We are looking for a seasoned Fraud Risk Manager for our Compliance and Risk Department. You will report to the Director of Enterprise Risk. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing a growing team that is responsible for fraud and anti--money laundering risk management. This is a highly visible role that will enable you to leverage your influencing and presentation skills for our executives and board members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, develop, motivate, and coach team of analysts, some in other business units or in other geographic locations, to be risk aware and effective with risk identification and mitigation.
- Identify, evaluate and research actual or potential fraud risks eas of business operations and make recommendations for mitigating these risks.
- Develop analytics, reports and presentations that deliver insights into the fraud environment.
- Manage the ongoing monitoring of various activities for fraud and Bank Secrecy Act irregularities, concerns and/or risks and make recommendations for correcting these issues. Oversea the preparating and filing of suspicous reports and SARs
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to gather data and conduct in-depth investigations. Collaborate with cross-functional teams globally on investigations and fraud risk mitigation.
- Maintain industry awareness of current fraud trends and the potential risks they present to prepaid products, services and cardholders.
- Serve as primary contact for law enforcement, bank partners and other third party processors on fraud related investigations and information sharing requests.
- Provide risk management support to distribution and content partners
- Support regulatory and other third party examinations with information requests.
- Lead projects involving fraud software programs, built internally or purchased from third parties.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Understanding of requirements of Anti-Money Laundering regulations, USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), OFAC and FinCEN rules as they relate to Money Services Businesses (MSBs).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Proficient in Microsoft suite: advanced Excel (Pivot tables, lookup and macro functions).
- Ability to communicate very well in writing and in person.
- Process driven with the ability to design and implement solutions for increased efficiency and management oversight.
- Knowledge of third party systems (e.g., Lexis Nexis) used for business and customer research.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to tackle challenging tasks in a methodical manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships with various business units that play key roles in the regulatory reporting process or in the development of supporting systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a drive to deliver outstanding results.
- Desire to learn and explore leading edge industry concepts.
- Demonstrated experience working with databases: Access, SQL or other business intelligence solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experienceinvestigating fraud in a financial services organization or similar environment.
- Experience in e-commerce or on-line companies in a fraud or risk control function.
- Project managementexperience with risk programs development and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. At least 7 years of relevant work experience, including managerial experience, in a compliance, audit or risk type occupation.
- Certified anti-money laundering specialist is a plus (CAMS)