As a Director of Sales, you will:
- Hire, train, coach, and mentor all members of the sales team.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new business through proactive direct sales efforts.
- Build on existing relationships to maintain and grow our current customer and account base.
- Capture your client's vision and effectively convey their needs and requests within the hotel.
- Respond to all client inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop rapport with key industry players in the community, including the local Convention & Visitor's Bureau.
- Meet or exceed weekly sales call goals to maintain your sales pipeline and monitor sales activity of the team to ensure they are focusing on the right business opportunities.
- Plan for success by participating in weekly sales meetings, recording and taking action on future traces for accounts, customers and events, writing action plans and by preparing the annual marketing plan.
- Assist with financial reporting and other information as requested by management and/or owners.
- Support the goals of the hotel through teamwork and collaboration with all departments.
Potential Advancement Opportunities:
Director of Sales
InnVentures is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
To be successful in this role, you need strong verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to drive, read, write, type and use various forms of technology and reporting to discern and track sales records and financial data. Occasional overnight travel is required. Previous hospitality sales experience of 2+ years is required.