Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture, making and selling license-focused collectibles. We're based in Everett, WA where we have a store that delights kids of all ages (kids at heart included). We currently hold hundreds of licenses for franchises ranging from Marvel to Harry Potter, giving us the rights to create tens of thousands of characters—one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. We take your favorite characters and turn them into adorable, or sometimes scary, collectible figures. Our most famous line, Pop! Vinyl, has millions of fans around the world.
The Franchise Manager will support Funko's growth initiatives by leading franchise strategy efforts with internalteams and licensors. This role will collaborate with internal team members to develop plans and strategies around licensor led retail and marketing programs, as well as provide recommendations on white space opportunities for growth through Licensor led initiatives. This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
Your Superpowers in Action
- Lead the communication of licensor franchise strategies to Funko stakeholders, including: Licensing, Product Development, Finance, Marketing and Sales
- Provide guidance to internal teams on licensor brand efforts, marketing implementation and sales executions, to ensure alliance with overall Funko strategy, goals and objectives
- Determine and drive additional opportunities for revenue across Funko by identifying and engaging in untapped opportunities for new and ongoing franchises
- Build and foster strong relationships with all content partners and franchise teams across Funko's roster of licensors in the US and globally
- Closely partner with sales team to develop plans and strategies for instore merchandising and marketing efforts based on key licensor initiatives
- Maintain close coordination with Licensing and Marketing counterparts to explore and leverage opportunities around the launch of new product lines or other tentpole initiatives
- Make strategic growth recommendations through analysis of related categories and opportunities for additional retail development
- Gather feedback from product teams for accurate communication to licensors
- Work with VP to develop communications supporting franchise and retail product launches and white space initiatives
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
- Five or more years' experience in Brand, Franchise, or an adjacent area of expertise
- Storytelling and presentation skills that deliver and work across brands
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Experience managing content from multiple agencies
- Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required
- Proven ability to drive change and results through influential leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation skills and ability to identify common ground amongst individuals withdivergent opinions and perspectives
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated positive attitude, sees challenges as opportunities and translates them into actionable item
- Project-oriented, entrepreneurial, pro-active, creative and self-motivated work style
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field; MBA preferred