Franchise Business Coach
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Our Job Opening:
Planet Fitness World Headquarters is searching for a Franchise Business Coach to join our team!
This field role will support the Midwest U.S Region (MI, IN, OH) and will require heavy travel.
As an active member of Planet Fitness’ Franchise Operations team, the Franchise Business Coach is responsible for building relationships with Planet Fitness franchisees and partnering with them as a resource and support system to maximize sales and uphold PF’s brand standards. The Franchise Business Coach will utilize their knowledge of franchise contracts, operations and business compliance to audit Planet Fitness clubs and advise franchisees on brand consistency, methods of operation, cleanliness of the gym, vendor compliance and general business operations. The goal will be to provide coaching and advice to the franchise owners to improve their sales, decrease operational costs, enhance the member experience and ensure Planet Fitness compliance standards are being met.
- Build trusting relationships with assigned franchisees as their primary PF contact for brand and operational excellence.
- Be an active and engaged ambassador for Planet Fitness by ensuring compliance around the PF brand, operations, service and business standards.
- Perform routine visits to franchise locations, driving operational excellence and compliance by ensuring a firm understanding of the brand expectations, educating club owners on compliance standards, analyzing clubs for compliance and creating action plans for improvement.
- Review audit and action plans with management and ownership of each club and provide expert evaluation, training, advice and recommendations for any defaults found during the audit.
- Work collaboratively with the franchisees to develop a business/operational plan that includes specific goals with key initiatives and deadlines.
- Develop assessment reports, analyze metrics and work with the franchisees to build upon the action plan, addressing short and long term improvement opportunities.
- Monitor progress of action plans by following up with each club audited to determine if the defaults have been remedied. Provide phone support for clubs that have been inspected to assist in curing any defaults.
- Coordinate with Brand Excellence and operation teams to review any changes in methods of operations and compliance.
Your Proven Track Record:
- Bachelor degree plus 5 years of relevant experience in multi-unit retail/restaurant industry operations.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting operational goals and maximizing revenue.
- Clear understanding of financial drivers of franchise business operations, including management of P & L, market conditions, competitive landscape, and trends.
- Proven ability to develop action plans, set targets and complete within deadlines.
- Must have the ability to determine expectations, measure effectiveness and enforce quality standards.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills with a creative, solution oriented mindset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel 75% of work time to various clubs within the region with multiple overnight stays.
Why you should join Planet Fitness!
- Contribute to changing people’s lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet!
- Work hard and play hard with an amazing group of talented, dynamic professionals!
Want more reasons?
- Competitive salaries
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Childcare Allowance
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership