Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Estimate material and labor and provide overall review of all estimates assigned. Perform quantity take-off as required and/or verify estimator’s take-off prior to bid.
- Prepare customer quote for presentation.
- Organize and utilize labor work force, equipment, and construction materials as needed for each phase of the projects.
- Upon project award, perform job “buy-out” quickly to ensure maximum profitability. If available, explore alternate purchasing sources.
- Write Subcontracts and Purchase Orders for the project.
- Make requisitions for supply of materials for completing construction projects; work with purchasing coordinator to ensure all Purchase Orders are issued in a timely fashion.
- With Estimating Manager’s assistance, review contracts, recommend additions and changes to the contractual agreements.
- Prepare submittal package for approval. Upon return of submittal from the client, review any revisions to the package. Prepare corresponding changes to the project budget, write change orders to the Client and change orders to Subcontractors or Vendors (when appropriate).
- Monitor job costs, progress and change orders; submit the reports to the appropriate departments about the project’s progress and costs and final profitability.
- Monitor quality control.
- Communicate with the engineers, architects, suppliers and clients to ensure that project is completed to the satisfaction of everybody involved.
- Ensure projects are built in accordance with the project plans and specifications.
- Take care of all paperwork, permitting and licenses necessary for the work.
- Make regular site visits to ensure work is proceeding according to plan.
- Review for accuracy and approve all costs and expenses associated with the project.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects, multiple deadlines and set priorities in accordance with company goals.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the construction industry.
- Must have thorough knowledge about the processes that go into planning, designing and executing a construction project.
- Ability to manage the project schedule, profitability and staffing needs.
- Needs to be an excellent communicator, be good at negotiations and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have sound knowledge about safety measures and precautions. 30 hour OSHA training is a requirement.
- Must have basic knowledge of economics and accounting.
- Must exhibit excellent troubleshooting and be detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Be highly committed towards the work and be very hard working.
- Must possess high professional ethical standards.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must at all times conduct business in a courteous and professional manner.
- Possess a working knowledge of computers, MS Windows, Word, Excel, and other products. Knowledge of OST, Sapphire, Estima and/or Timberline is beneficial.
- Must have the ability to drive.
- Minimum experiencerequired— 3 years related experience.