As a Fragrance Manager in the Category team you will work cross functionally to deliver insightful industry analyses to support clients in developing and executing against their strategic plans. The Manager, Fragrance Category Analyst will help to grow business relationships and drive client satisfaction.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion for the business of Fragrance and Beauty, bringing an engaging personality and presence to the team, while successfully delivering insights from extensive data analysis in an impactful and succinct story.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Advanced Data Analysis
- Excellent Presenter
- Strong Writer
- Fragrance Industry Intelligence
- Solutions Mindset
- Team Player
- Needs Assessment
- Project Management
Criteria for Success:
- Ability to gather, interpret and synthesize insightful findings from numerous sources, both inside and outside NPD data, to create actionable recommendations to fragrance clients.
- All-star verbal and written communication skills, with a strong ability to communicate cohesive and succinct stories with clients at all levels.
- Ability to prepare for and present to individuals and groups.
- Desire to learn and discover all things fragrance, with an inquisitive mindset that is always seeking to understand the “why” behind the data.
- Self−starter; takes action to achieve goals beyond expectations.
- Possesses excellent organization skills. Able to organize tasks; set priorities and develop plans in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Committed to total quality. Sets high standards for self and others; shows concern for total quality; improves work processes whenever possible.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility. Tolerant of unstructured work, calmness about ambiguity/change; ability to develop a plan, enforce process and structure.
- Ability to manage and work in a matrix environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in the Beauty Industry, Marketing, Sales, Consultancy, Market Analysis
- Expert in all MS Office products, Excel, PowerPoint, & Word.
- Ability to travel (typically 10% - 20%)
- Managing day-to-day fragrance category management responsibilities.
- Exceed planned revenue targets for fragrance category product sales.
- Development and execution of strategic fragrance presentations; understand the client's strategies, objectives and challenges; identify and recommend opportunities and action items based on NPD data and external insights to meet those objectives.
- Identify new product and sales opportunities through client engagements.
- Leverage all available NPD resources to maintain exisiting strategic relationships and to broaden NPD’s reach and exposure to client influencers and decision makers.
- Lead cross functional projects to prepare data analyses and present findings/ recommendations to clients.
- Actively keep abreast of fragrance category and industry trends.