Job Location: Palm Bay, FL or Rochester, NY
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Engineering - Electrical
Base Salary - $90,000 to $145,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Does candidate hold an "active" TS/SCI or TS/SSBI security clearance (required for this role)?
Palm Bay, FL or Rochester, NY - all levels. TS/SCI or TS/SSBI security clearance required.
The FPGA Engineer will perform the following:
- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs.
- Understand the requirements, architect a solution targeting an FPGA against those requirements and implement that solution in an FPGA.
- Lead a small team of designers in generating the FPGA design solutions.
- Simulate the FPGA to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Full life cycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs.
- Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience or a Masters' Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- Active TS/SCI or TS/SSBI security clearance required
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces.
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet).
- Experience with Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces.
- Experience with control protocols such I2C, SPI, RS-232/422, and SpaceWire.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work and communicate effectively within a development group.
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Proficiency with Xilinx, Microsemi, and Altera Tool Suites (VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis).