Description:Job Title: FPGA Design Engineer Job Location: San Diego, CA Job ID: CS20211910-71267
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design Engineer will join our Team in San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate comes with industry experience in digital communications, modems, networking, and/or digital signal processing (DSP). Areas of desired experience or education include:
- Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Digital filters
- Industry standard interfaces (e.g. 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SPI, UART, SDRAM, DDR3, JESD, PCIe, Ethernet).
- FPGA verification through simulation and unit testing.
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 4+ years FPGA design experience
- Good understanding of digital signal processing and the ability to work with system and software engineers to specify and develop designs that meet system specifications, costs, and performance requirements
- Experience in either VHDL (preferred) or Verilog development languages.
- Experience implementing complex modem and/or DSP circuits in programmable logic using FPGA devices. Equivalent experience in ASIC design is also applicable.
- Experience in simulation, synthesis, and placement software tools such as ModelSim, Synplicity, Xilinx Vivado / ISE and/or Altera Quartus development tool sets.
- Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzer, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices.
- FPGA Design using High-speed serial interfaces (3+ Gbps)
- Familiarity with code revision management tools such as Git/Clearcase.
- Familiarity with C/C++/C# and Matlab/Simulink.
Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:
Expertise Engineering--Electrical Location USA - CA - San Diego