Join our rapidly growing organization where we are building a team culture where meaningful innovation, fun and customer value are top priority.
Join a team of dedicated FPGA engineers designing reliable products for the commercial imaging market segment.
We are looking for a team player with strong interpersonal skills who can produce robust designs using creative approaches. Our product line has high sales volumes -- so designs are highly integrated and must be optimized for cost. We primarily design Altera based FPGAs with high frequency requirements, many interfaces, and aggressive cost targets.
You will have exposure to all aspects of FPGA design (from requirements definition to system integration). This position will provide growth opportunities beyond FPGA design as you explore and understand overall system needs. You will be a critical member of a tightly knit design community and encouraged to interface with other functional groups to bring about solid designs that meet our customers' needs. You will learn broad aspects of product development. We have a strong hardware, software, and services business with ample technical learning opportunities. In addition, we offer a fun place to work with an extremely supportive & cohesive team of skilled engineers that will assist you in reaching your career goals and provide challenging design opportunities.
- Take ownership of existing designs, testbenches and simulations -- learn their operation, understand how they fit into the overall system and make changes as needed for existing and future products
- Develop new designs, testbenches and simulations as required to implement new functionality for future products
- Apply best practices to bring reliable and efficient FPGAs to market including timing closure, code coverage analysis, clock domain crossing analysis, throughput calculations, etc.
- Interface with other functional teams to understand design requirements, make optimal design/system tradeoffs and debug operation of products in the lab
- Document interfaces, designs and processes
- Participate in code/schematic reviews
- Participate in schedule creation by estimating assigned tasks and providing input for full project schedule
- Handle multiple tasks from multiple designs simultaneously
Skills and/or knowledge specifications:
- Experience designing RTL and self-checking testbenches in VHDL
- Experience with timing closure (SDC constraints), clock domain crossing (CDC) analysis
- RTL Simulation / code coverage analysis (preferably Mentor Questa or Aldec Riviera Pro)
- FPGA development hardware / software (preferably Altera Quartus)
- Experience with lab debug tools / scopes / logic analyzers
- Experience with revision control tools (preferably Perforce)
- Proficiency using Linux
- Experience working with PCIe, DDR3/4, SPI, I2C, USB
- Experience with JPEG / image processing
- Programming and scripting experience (preferably C, C++, Perl, TCL, shell scripts)
- Altera Platform Design (Qsys), NIOS EDS
Education and Experience Specifications:
- 5 years minimum of experience in FPGA design
- BS degree (MS Preferred) Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university required