$80K — $100K *
Position Purpose & Summary
The Senior FP&A Analyst will drive value for the Salt Group through forward looking analysis that results in better decisions and profitable growth. This includes supporting key business projects, proactively monitoring performance, and identifying areas for improvement such as top-line growth and margin optimization across customer and product segments. This position will also collaborate with business stakeholders to define new metrics and insights that will help drive business performance.
While the Senior FP&A Analyst will work on matters across the Salt Group, the position will be primarily focused on the Salt’s Road Safety business, whose mission is to protect lives and enhance commerce by providing sustainable road safety solutions. Building strong relationships with the Road Safety commercial team will be important for success in this role. Additionally, the position will be expected to collaborate effectively across the finance team, working together as One Finance to drive value for Cargill. The successful candidate should have a strong growth mindset and business acumen. Skills in analysis, communication of complex information, having a point of view, influencing, and challenging the status quo are critical.
60% Financial Planning & Analysis:
• Partner with business to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that improve decision making, performance, and profitable growth. Identify improvement opportunities. Help create and implement action plans.
• Support with preparation of financial plan, forecasts and budget. Embrace Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and actively participate in updating, financializing, and scenario-testing the plan. Lead ongoing processes to drive gap closing actions and accountability
• Partner with business leaders to help shape, drive, and measure the execution of commercial strategies and market prioritization. Conduct market analysis to identify opportunities for growth.
• Monitor operational performance including variance analysis against forecast and budget and benchmarks versus competitors. Determine root causes and implications for future outlook. Understand, translate, and provide insight into business performance against competitor and industry trends. Challenge the business with a critical view and propose opportunities to improve.
• Coordinate the development of the business or financial case for specific initiatives, decisions, or capital investments. Serve as the finance lead on commercial excellence and cost reduction projects.
• Demonstrate an application of broad commercial knowledge with understanding of how all areas come together and operate as a business.
• Deliver clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics
20% Process Improvement:
• Identify analytics needs through a comprehensive understanding of the business and collaboration with its stakeholders.
• Define and work with stakeholders to improve data integrity and usefulness throughout the group, including identification and implementation of opportunities to improve operations and processes that impact data.
• Establish new performance metrics where appropriate
20% Ad-hoc Project Support:
• Provide analytical support for the Group FP&A activity
• Active participation in various business finance initiatives and other duties as assigned
This position can be located in either North Olmsted, OH or Hopkins, MN
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• English Proficiency
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to develop insights by integrating and interpreting disparate sources of data.
• Demonstrate strong business and commercial acumen. Able to understand the business (products/services, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money, what are the cost and value drivers).
• Demonstrates growth mindset. Has a high degree of curiosity and invests time and energy into learning. Seeks different points of view and perspectives (internal and external).
• Relates to others with candor, openness, and transparency.
• Builds trust across multiple stakeholder groups
• Challenges self and others to reach higher. Experience and success in motivating cross-functional teams for high performance
• Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity. Ability to move forward with imperfect data.
• Master’s Degree in Business or Finance
• Commercial experience
Valid through: 10/29/2020